One of the latest fitness trends, Crossfit, has left the realm of fad and become a full-fledged fitness movement proven to work and it’s here to stay!
The cardio and strength training focused workouts burn more calories in shorter amounts of time, and you keep burning calories even after leaving the gym.
Crossfit is perfect for those of us who get bored easily by a bland, regimented, predictable gym routine. Still not convinced Crossfit is for you? Here are a few reasons why you should be doing Crossfit:
1. Calories Be Gone. Like I stated before, Crossfit melts the calories off of you and continues to do so long after your 10 to 20 minute WOD (workout of the day).
2. Cardiovascular Enhancing. By doing Crossfit, you improve your endurance, body composition, and heart health. Your heart rate is elevated the entire workout, utilizing oxygen to your body’s maximum ability and strengthening all functions of your physiology.
3. Joyous Joints. The variation of exercises and movements that go along with Crossfit improves your joint mobility because you’re not just doing stationary reps, your limbs are literally going in all different directions. Also, by learning how to lift heavy objects off the ground and then over your head, you are less likely to be injured during everyday tasks.
4. Never A Dull Moment. Most Crossfit centers have WODs that vary in many ways. From flipping tires to lifting to gymnastics… there’s no chance of getting bored with Crossfit, keeping things fresh and engaging day in and day out.
5. Fully Empowered. When facing the WOD, it might be a bit intimidating. However, once you’ve finished, you feel unstoppable. You are left with the sense that you really accomplished something amazing and that feeling stays with you the rest of the day.
6. Crossfit Friends Last A Lifetime. Once you step into a Crossfit gym, initiation is over. You’re part of the team. Doing something so fulfilling and rewarding as a group, encouraging and cheering each other on, makes for support that can last.