Valentine’s Day. The day you’re supposed to shower your loved ones with the best sugar and chocolatey goodness you can find, right? Wrong. It actually doesn’t have to be that way. Skip the boxed chocolate and check out a few of the ideas below!
PB & J Bites
This snack may take some time for you to make but it will be worth it. Here’s what you’ll need:
- A mini cookie cutter
- Paper hearts on toothpicks
- Peanut butter
- Raspberries or strawberries
Simply make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich as you normally would and use your cookie cutter to cut the sandwich into several “bite-sized” pieces. Use the strawberries or raspberries to top of the sandwich and stick the paper heart toothpick through the top.
This Pinterest-inspired snack is guaranteed to leave a smile on children’s faces. Gather some red or pink pipe cleaner, sharpies, clothes pins, and zippered sandwich bags.
After you’ve gotten all your supplies, here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Open the sandwich bag then use your index and middle finger to divide the bag in half.
- Fill each half until it is 2/3 full with a different or mixture of snacks.
- Close the zipper and twist the center of the baggie to create two wings. Hold the twist in place with a clothes pin (you can decorate the pin in any way you like by coloring it in, drawing hearts down the middle, etc.)
- Use the pipe cleaner to as antennas on the top of the clothes pin
Fruit and Yogurt Parfait
This is a quick and easy snack to make. The ingredients include Greek yogurt (preferably a pink yogurt like strawberry or raspberry), granola, strawberries, and valentine sprinkles.
- Layer the yogurt with the granola and fresh strawberries in a clear cup
- Sprinkle the valentine sprinkles on top